Flood Risk Assessments continue to be a major consideration for our clients and have now become a critical part of the planning process. We keep ourselves abreast of the changes in legislation, guidance and training in this field of expertise.
The team at BSP Consulting tailors assessments and reports to suit a wide range of requirements depending upon local site constraints, and the size and nature of the development. Our practical experience has helped us build positive relationships with the Environment Agency and other statutory bodies.
BSP’s flood risk engineers have significant experience with the following issues:
- Flood risk advice to identify site constraints prior to land purchases
- Pre-planning Flood Risk Assessments to obtain Environment Agency letters of compliance
- Flood Risk Assessments to accompany planning applications and in response to post application queries
- Existing site run-off assessments
- Hydrological catchment analysis using FEH methodologies and FEH software
- Hydraulic river modelling using ISIS and HEC-RAS 1D modelling software
- 2D flood plain modelling and defence breach analysis
- Incorporating Flood Risk Assessments into Environmental Impact Assessments